Saving on Vacations
In a world where the prices of basic commodities are rising, one needs to learn to save money while doing what they need and want to do. Doing what you want to do doesn’t have to be expensive, such as when you wish to unwind and go for a nice vacation alone or with your loved ones. Of course, you do no want to put yourself in a big hole of debt in order to take a vacation. How horrible it is to enjoy for a few days of vacation but you feel miserable after, since you would have to pay bills for taking an expensive option. Saving on vacations can prevent that regret.
The good thing is, there are several ideas as to how you can find free or cheap vacations you will surely enjoy. Why opt for expensive options when you can find free or cheap vacations for yourself and your family? Read on to find out how.
When you wish to find time for yourself and your family through a nice vacation, you don’t have to spend all your hard-earned cash, right? So follow these helpful tips on how to save money on free or cheap vacations:
Saving on Vacations – Tips
1. Decide on a particular place or vacation spot where you wish to go. If you have been someone in the past that you loved, start there since you already know you will enjoy your trip. Ask friends and family if they have suggestions. This is basically the first step in saving on vacations.
2. When you have already decided on where to go, seek the help of the internet to look for free or cheap vacations in the place where you are going. Directories and travel sites such as Traveloctiy or Orbitz can help you find a good option.
3. If you are going to a cosmopolitan city and it’s your first time, don’t forget to bring a map with you. It will save you money if you know where you are going, how to get to each location and the type of transportation you need to plan for.
4. When looking for hotels to stay in during your vacation, find cheap hotels near the place where you are going. Make sure they have affordable rates and packages that are friendly to your budget. The great thing is, there are hotels who offer their free rooms for few days of stay. The reason for doing this is these hotels prefer full occupancy in order to reach their goals. It’s their way of showing their services, facilities, and other conveniences in their hope that you would extend your stay as well as tell your friends about how good their hotel is. Start with hotels where you have points from the hotel, airline, or credit card companies. You may have enough points to pay for your stay.
5. If you are heading to a beach resort, contact the hotel beforehand and confirm the dates of your arrival. Ask if they offer affordable packages that suit your needs. For additional ideas to save money during your stay, you may want to read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_2046916_save-money-during-beach-vacation.html.
6. Saving on vacations starts before you leave. Make sure every thing is set before you go. Write down the things you wish to do during your stay and bring an ample amount of pocket money for your trip.
7. When you know where you will go, where you will stay, transporations, and a good guess of $15 per meal, per person, then save that much money over a period of time until you leave. Do not go until you have at least that much money saved. The worst thing is to charge your vacation on your credit card.
As what they say – the best things in life are free. Look for cheap alternatives so that you won’t be compromising your own peace of mind during and after the vacation. Imagine yourself walking on the beach and sipping your favorite drink without thinking of any debts. So, find free or cheap vacations to save money while enjoying life!
Saving on Vacations – Video